Seoul's Daehangno district was brimming with visitors on Sunday for the opening of "2023 Welcome Daehakro," the largest domestic performance tourism festival in the country.
The festivities began with a vibrant opening show on the main street, which was closed to traffic for the event. The opening show featured a festive parade of performances from musicals, dance, taekwondo demonstrations and marching bands.
As part of the festival, fringe performances will continue throughout October, with a series of outdoor shows at Marronnier Park on Sunday and on Oct. 27-28. These performances will showcase a diverse range of street arts, including theater, musicals, non-verbal shows, magic and classical music.
- Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
- Multinational criminal ring arrested for smuggling meth in bulk into South Korea
- 218 Koreans head home from Israel: Foreign Ministry
- Samsung Electronics forecasts Q3 rebound
- USS Carl Vinson deploys for Indo
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to set up 2nd JV plant in Indiana
- [New on scene] Kim Chang
- 민주당 개표 초반부터 환호성…김태우 캠프엔 적막 가득했다